API keys allow you to utilize the API capabilities in Nanorep.
An API key is a unique identifier that can be assigned to a 3rd party system for integrating with Nanorep services. You may define multiple API keys, and each one may have its own permissions.
Creating a new API key:
1. Go to Settings > Users & Security
2. Click on the "API keys" tab.
3. Click on the " + Add API Key" button.
4. First, grant a name to your API key under the first field.
5. Under "Permissions" select the permissions for this API key. When granting an API key, please note that "write permissions" must have access restriction to either IP ranges or referrer domains.
6. Under "Allowed knowledge bases" select the knowledge bases this API key will have access to.
7. Under "Allowed IP ranges" you may restrict access only to specific IP addresses or ranges. Enter either a single IP or a range of IPs, (one per line).
8. Under "Allowed referers" You may restrict access to requests originating from specific referrer domains. Enter one domain per line.
9. Click on the "Save" button.
Once the API key is created, you can use the API key identified to utilize the API capabilities in Nanorep.