Google Tag manager (GTM) is a tool designed for easier third-party scripts deployments in your website. It allows developers to keep third party tags (such as Google Analytics or Bold360 ai widget) separated from their own website code.
If you do not have a GTM account yet, create one at https://tagmanager.google.com. You must have a Gmail hosted email address to do so. Once your account is created, add the Tag Manager script to the page where you want to deploy the widget. It is recommended to use both the body and head snippets that are provided.
Note: if you use arcade or modern skin, follow this tutorial.
- In the Bold360 ai Console, go to Guided Journeys > Touchpoints.
- Click Get the code next to the widget type that you want to deploy and copy this code snippet.
- Important: For embedded widgets, you must also add the following HTML snippet to that part of your website's source code where you want to embed the widget:
divid=" nanorep-embedded-widget"></ div>
- On your GTM dashboard, go to Tags and click New to create a new tag for the Bold360 ai widget.
- Click Tag Configuration and select Custom HTML for tag type.
- In the HTML field, insert the widget code snippet that you copied in Step 2.
- Click Triggering and select or create a trigger that loads the widget. For example "All Pages" loads the widget on every page of your website where the GTM code is present.
- Save your changes.
- Optionally, you can preview your changes without making those available to website visitors by clicking Preview in the top-right corner. When in Preview mode, accessing your website in the same browser window opens the GTM panel at the bottom of the screen where you can see which tags were fired, which were not, and the reason for failure.
- Click Submit in the top-right corner and optionally, type a version name and description for your deployment.
- Click Publish.