Google Tag manager (GTM) is a tool designed for easier third-party scripts deployments in your website. It allows developers to keep third party tags (such as Google Analytics or Nanorep widget) separated from their own website code.
If you haven't done it yet, create an account at https://tagmanager.google.com (any existing Gmail hosted mail address will do). Once account is created you should install Tag Manager script to the page you want widget to be deployed (it's better to use both body and head snippets provided)
Note: if you used arcade or modern skin follow this tutorial instead.
Once it is done, follow these steps:
1) Get the code for widget in Nanorep Console => Guided Journeys => Touchpoints => Get the code button near the widget type you want:
NOTE: if you use embedded widget, you should also select a part of the website where you want it be embedded to and insert there the following piece of code:
Having this specific <
2) In GTM dashboard, go to "Tags" section and create a new tag for NanoRep widget.
3) In the opened window, click on "Tab COnfiguration" and select "Custom HTML" tag.
4) In HTML field input code you get earlier in the first step. In "Triggering" select/create trigger to fire widget load, for example "All Pages" to have widget loaded in all pages of your website where GTM code present. Click "Save" when you are ready.
5) (Optional) Preview your changes by using "Preview" button in the top right corner. When in Preview mode, accessing your website in the same browser window will open GTM panel at the bottom of the screen where you can see which tags were fired, which are not and why, however your website visitors will not see any changes until the next step.
6) Once you are ready for deployment, click on "Submit" button in the top right corner.
7) In opened window, optionally create version name, description and click on "Publish" button.