A linked article tree helps customers move through a series of related chunks of information until they get the answer they are looking for. Linked articles are particularly useful for technical and troubleshooting questions. Customers ask their initial question and are presented with a list of options. The direction the article tree takes, and the eventual final answer, are dependent on choices made by the user.
Linked Article Tree a
- Create a series of answer chains, each dependent on a previously supplied answer. See the example below.
- Create separate articles for each sub answer in each answer chain.
- Link the answers.
All article trees are searchable from within any article. All linked articles are displayed.
Tip: All Article Trees can be accessed directly from the Knowledge Base dashboard under Knowledge > Article Trees.
When you create an article tree, the
Creating answer chains: An Example
1. Create an article for the initial query. This should consist of the title representing the initial query and a series of answer options. Each option becomes a separate answer chain.
Title: My mobile phone is not working.
Answer: What kind of mobile phone do you have?
Each answer is linked to the next answer in the chain.
2. Create the subsequent answers in the chain for each of the previous answers.
Title: What model iPhone do you have?
Title: What model of Android phone do you have?
B. Sony Ericsson
3. For each of the above answers, configure an accurate selection of responses. In this example, once the manufacturer and model are established, targeted information can be delivered, as required.
Now that you have created the answer chains that form the basis of your linked article tree, you need to link them.
- Open an article.
- Select the text that will become the hyperlink.
- Click the link button on the tool bar.
The Link dialog is displayed.
- Click the Link Type
list, and select drop-down Answer. Nanorep
- In the Select an Answer field, enter the article title to which you want to link.
You may see several questions with similar keywords.
- Scroll to the required Nanorep Answer; select it and click OK.
The answer in the original article should now display as a hyperlink, and the linked article is listed in the Article Tree box in the side margin.
Here is an example of an article that is linked to multiple articles: