What is the Floating Widget?
The Floating widget is an interactive window which allows your customers to ask customer service questions and get instant answers, wherever they are on your website.
The widget is displayed constantly on your site, enabling customers to engage at any time. The widget is positioned at the bottom left or right corner and shows answers that correspond to the question and how it is worded, immediately as a customer begins to type a question. The answers come from your Knowledge Base, and help to guide the customers through the sales funnel, or other processes, according to the nature of the question asked.
The widget can be completely customized, to reflect your brand colors and messaging.
To implement the floating widget on your site:
Select the GET THE CODE button, in the following
- Enforce widget configuration - Enforce the script to use a specific configuration base on the Domain API ID (By choosing this option the widget will ignore the widget URL and Knowledge Base).
- Enforce KB - Set a specific Knowledge Base for the widget.
- Set initial context - Set a context Type and context Value for the widget.
- Get the legacy embedded code - To use the Arcade or Modern skins - please mark this option (legacy code).
And then copy the code. Paste the code on the selected pages on your site.
To change the look and feel of the floating widget:
- From within your Nanorep account, navigate to Guided Journeys => Touchpoints => Click Personalize in Floating Widget.
- If you have more than one Knowledge Base, you are now being asked to specify for which Knowledge Base you are making this change.
- The Settings page for your Widget is displayed.
- The Settings page is comprised of several tabs, within each of which you can configure your Widget and personalize the look and feel. Below is a table detailing what you can do
The main fields in which you can alter or modify the look and feel of your widget.
Texts and Colors
Various fields in which you can change the widget’s color and texts, for example, the automatic question, the title and chat and email button texts.
Position & Size
Enables you to specify the size of the widget as displayed on your site, and specify its exact position. You can also configure how much it should expand, as well as when and for how long.
Various fields which allow you to completely customize all your chat settings.
specifymore advanced settings, such as adding a customized footer to all answers, using HTML coding and specifying an action to take place if an answer is escalated.
You can specify the nature of the FAQs and how they are selected and displayed. You also have to option to add a
separateand customized FAQ list to your Knowledge Base.
The contact forms allow your users to escalate their questions to your agents.
- Click the Save changes button that is displayed, and then click OK. The change is immediately shown in the widget on your website.
- Any changes you make are shown in the display of how your widget will look, in the right-hand section of the page. You always need to save your changes for them to take effect, but they will usually do so instantaneously.