New Conversational Editor
The new Conversational Editor expands the old Article Editor capabilities so that, in addition to simple search-based articles, it supports building rich conversations based on external data sources in two steps: link an external data source to the Bold360 ai Console and design a conversational business logic on top of it. The new process requires minimal to no technical expertise, depending on the complexity of the conversation.
The Conversational Editor offers the following benefits:
- Personalized user experience by creating more conversations.
- Leveraging AI capabilities to get better experience: the bot knows which questions to ask and in which order, without the content manager’s directions.
- Easier process for building conversations through the intuitive interface for non-technical users.
Note: This feature is disabled by default. Please contact your Experience Manager for a trial.
For more information, see How to create conversational articles?
Time of last modification added to the Articles page in the Console
A new column has been added to the Knowledge > Articles page to display the date and time a specific article was last updated. Time is displayed in UTC format.
Enforce secure communication of widgets on unsecure web pages
When you enforce the use of secure communication in the widget, chat messages are sent over HTTPS even on HTTP-based web pages.
To enforce secure communication, do the following:
- In the Bold360 ai Console, go to Touchpoints > Widgets.
- Click Get the code for the widget type that you want to modify.
- Select Enforce HTTPS.
- Copy the generated code and save your changes.
- Update your web page with the newly generated widget code.
Note: The HTML code generated in the Bold360 Admin Center does not support this feature.
Display warning message for long customer questions
You can display a message when a customer's question is too long and hence it is unlikely to receive a relevant answer.
To define a message, do the following:
- In the Bold360 ai Console, go to Touchpoints > Widgets > Floating widget.
- Click Personalize.
- Select a knowledge base or URL to customize.
- On the Texts & Colors tab, you have the following options:
- Maximum length of user queries - Defines the maximum length of a customer's question
- Query length for displaying warning - Defines the threshold of the customer query's length. When this threshold is exceeded, the message defined in the Warning for long queries field is displayed.
- Warning for long queries - Defines the warning message that is displayed to the customer
- Save your changes.
Conversational SDK enhancements for Android users
The following have been introduced to the conversational SDK version 1.6.1:
- The agent avatar can be displayed in the last bubble
- Support for typing indication for handover mode
- Agent typing indication added
- Support for file upload in handover mode
- Read verification added to indicate in the chat that the agent has read the user’s message (new API enabled)
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
For more information on this release, visit our GitHub page.
See the new features that the previous release introduced: